Fully automated DOCSIS provisioning solution
Easy and effective way of managing cable modems
Cost-effective, flexible, reliable and future proof
Be the leading cable service provider with fully automated DOCSIS provisioning solution
DACS (DHCP/DOCSIS Auto Configuration System) is a provisioning solution for the end-to-end fulfillment of Broadband and Multimedia Services via Cable Modems management. This leading provisioning solution in SEE manages millions of cable modems, and scales from small to even the biggest networks.
Industry’s leading independent DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) provisioning solution offers end-to-end CPE device provisioning, management, and multi-standard support in a centralized platform. DACS brings many benefits for cable service providers, among others: cost efficiency, flexibility, reliability, and extensive feature set.
With millions of devices under management, DACS meets the highest standards of reliability and scalability. This way, DACS can support network growth and enable efficient resource consumption, leading to cost reduction and more efficient use of available IP address space. DACS can efficiently replace any existing legacy DHCP/DOCSIS solution.
Flexible configuration and integration options, together with 24/7 professional support from a team expert in most complex integrations with various OSS/BSS systems, make DACS the best tool for the job.
DACS implementation benefits:
What DACS delivers?
Advanced IP Address Management (IPAM)
- IP address assignment for cable modems, MTA and STB devices and PCs and routers
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- IP range management: groups, classes, tags
- Address assignment rules: rotate, permanent, pre-provisioned, dynamic
- DHCP options management: inheritance, overriding, encoding, etc.
- Complete IPAM configuration managed through the admin console
Subscriber Centric CPE Management
- Multiple device identification/authorization modes supported: MAC Address, Option 82, etc.
- Support for fully zero-touch CPE activation in various access network types
- Relations among all CPE devices located at a single subscriber’s location – cable modems, PCs, STB, etc.
- Advanced and flexible configuration template engine: custom configuration files per subscriber
- Automatic configuration file generation: DOCSIS, XML, TXT, etc.
- Comprehensive GUI administrative console
- Provisioning API: SOAP NBI Interface
Monitoring And Troubleshooting
- Complete IP lease history stored in the database
- Built-in SNMP agent for easy integration with NMS tools
- DHCP traffic analytics to the packet level (real-time and history)
Comprehensive data model
- Embedded high-performance database
- All relevant data stored in the database: IP ranges, leases, logs, etc.
- IP addressing reliability, data available for reporting and regulatory issues
- Device inventory database: automatically collects device information from the network
- DHCP traffic and packet analytics
- PCMM/COPS QoS for IPTV services
- DDNS update
- xDSL/FTTx CPE support
- Customer care troubleshooting automation tool
- Constant data collection from CM and CMTS devices
Insights and resources
DACS – The Ultimate Remote Device Management solution
Implementing a powerful remote device management DACS solution could be the key to reducing operating expenses while preparing your business for unlimited growth.
At Bulb Technologies, our state-of-the-art DHCP/DOCSIS auto-configuration system device management offering provides a standards-based, flexible approach remote device control.
Telco Troubleshooting Automation
Thanks to back-end automation that brings together background investigations, root cause analysis, 360-degree service visibility, and automated remediation, teams do not have to drown in endless legacy applications. Instead, employees have access to all the tools they need to resolve issues quickly.
Discover how Cempresso brings teams and workflows together to help you deliver the best customer experiences, increase retention, and improve business efficiency.